Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Creamy Ginger Dressing

I made this salad dressing quite a few days ago, and didn't write anything down, so I'm not sure how accurate this post is going to be.  But I'll do my best.  This was my attempt to replicate the house dressing from the local sushi restaurant, which is delicious.  Mine came out much darker, and not quite tasting the same, but still pretty good.  I will of course be playing with this recipe until it is perfect.

Ingredient List (guesstimates)
-chunk of ginger, chopped finally and then thrown in a food processor
-spoonful of mayonnaise
-some ketchup
-5 or 6 packets of soy sauce (or whatever that amount would be out of a bottle)
   I have quite the soy-sauce-packet collection right now, thanks to the 2 times I've ordered take-out sushi)
-herbs/spices (I have absolutely no memory of what I used!)
    garlic powder for sure, maybe some onion powder, maybe some chili powder?

*next time I make this I will be sure to write down the ingredients!






it was pretty tasty on this arugula salad

it was also tasty when I turned it into guacamole!

By the way, Cooking Club of America tells me that today is National Guacamole Day!  So go make some delicious guacamole!  Check out my "Appetizers" page for more of my versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment