Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Yogurt-Banana Scones

       The yogurt saga continues.  Part 1 can be found here and Part 2 can be found here.
On this cold rainy Saturday evening, I bring you Part 3: Yogurt-Banana Scones. Part 4 is in the oven now, and that will conclude the great yogurt saga of September 2012.
      It has been a very productive day. I made a Bacon Pancake for breakfast, then I made some mint-chocolate chip cookies for the bike shop people (cause I'm supposedly supposed to make them cookies every Sunday and I have been majorly slacking on that for like...a month?) Then, I went to the Pub to prep the veggies for the soup I'm making tomorrow.  And then, I went to school and worked for a looong time.  I think I'm ready for Monday now.  To top off all that productivity...I have been spending my evening playing in the kitchen making up TWO new recipes!

YOGURT-BANANA SCONES


1+ c flour
1 c wheat flour
1/3 c sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 oz strawberry-banana yogurt
1/8 c orange juice
1 banana

recipe adapted from this one

Mix together the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the yogurt, juice, and banana (mashed) in another bowl.  Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently stir together.  The dough was super, super, sticky, so I kept adding more flour.*  Grease a baking sheet, spread the scone dough out on the sheet, then cut into whatever shapes you desire, and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.   

*I don't know exactly how much flour I added, but I kept adding until I felt like the dough was just barely smooth enough to work with.  The result?  My scones are more bread-y than scone-y in consistency.  However, the taste is absolutely fabulous!  I give them a 5 for consistency and a 10 for taste.  I will have to play with this recipe in the future and work on perfecting it.  Taste-wise, I like these ones way better than the Pumpkin Scones I made in August.  However, the consistency was better in the pumpkin ones. 


I'm eating another scone while I upload photos...I can't get enough of the fabulous taste!  This is so much more fun than eating the yogurt by itself...





Check back soon for Yogurt Saga Part 4!




No comments:

Post a Comment