Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Yogurt Muffins




Running used to be my only real stress reliever.  After a long day at work, no matter how tired I was, all I wanted to do was go pound some pavement.  Somehow, this is starting to change.  It has something to do with the fact that I stopped running just for fun and fitness and started running to win races.  I've done quite a few races in the last 6 months, and it's past time to back off a bit.  I don't want to quit running, but I definitely need to get back to running for fun instead of always worrying about making sure I'm going far or fast enough.  So, time for a new stress reliever.  It seems that playing in the kitchen is taking over that roll in my life.  I came home from work today with absolutely no desire to run, and a strong desire to concoct something new, exciting, and delicious in the kitchen.  It actually took me another 3 or 4 hrs to get around to figuring out what to bake, but I did get there eventually.  And I did take a day off from running.   I'm on an every-other-day running schedule for a bit.

If you've been following my blog, you know I'm trying to get rid of some yogurt.  I got rid of some of it the other day when I made peach-basil yogurt cake.  I got rid of some more of it this evening with these muffins. The flavor of the day: blackberry-pomegranate.


I started with this recipe and turned it into this recipe:
preheat the oven to 375

butter and sugars

yes, I was playing with my food.  it's happy to see you!

flours

everything but the walnuts, all swirled together

add the walnuts

prepare the muffin tray

fill it up!

scrape the bowl clean.

into the oven for 15 minutes

 they weren't done after 15 minutes so they went back in for 5 more

done!

eat up!
not sure why I got a fork out...I didn't actually use it...but it looks cool in this picture


No comments:

Post a Comment