Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Gorgeous and windy days


I missed this week's Pub Run because of a Board Meeting.  I figured it could only be good for my foot to skip a week anyway.  But I have really been missing running and it's stress-relief properties.  By Wednesday afternoon, I really really really wanted to run.  I tried to hold out, I really did.  But I had been having more and more trouble falling asleep at night, and I could feel that Wednesday night was going to be another rough one.  I ate a bowl of ice cream.  But that didn't make me feel any less restless.  Somewhere around 8:15 I gave up and decided to go for a run.  There was a light rain, but that didn't deter me at all.  I headed out the door.  I focused on keeping an easy pace.  No overdoing it like the last time I tried to go for a run.  It felt really good to be out there.  I had zero foot discomfort until about mile 3.3.  I kept going for another mile, and the foot discomfort never got too bad.  Sleeping has mostly been better since then.

It was super windy on Thursday.  I felt like a leaf in a hurricane.  I did manage to keep my bike on the road, but there were a couple times I thought I might end up in a ditch.  I'm impressed that I managed to get my average pace as high as it was.  It felt like I was crawling for a lot of the ride.

This week : 
M : bike 24.3 / 19.4 mph / 1739 ft
T : sweatfest 30 min / 8.2 miles
W : run 4.3 / 8:22 pace / 265 ft
R : bike 27.2 / 17.5 mph / 2218 ft
Sa : bike 24.1 / 16.8 mph / 2083 ft

total bike miles : 84


In other news, my lungs are super not happy with me right now.  I frequently notice myself short of breath, but I mostly ignore it.  I'm not going to start using the inhaler every time my breath is a little bit short.  I need my lungs to build back up, not think they can rely on an inhaler all the time.  I do ok mostly, it's just a little harder for me to bike really hard, and after each bike sprint it takes me a little longer to recover.  Exercise built my lungs up before, surely it can do it again...  I cancelled my follow-up appointment with the pulmonologist because I need to see how badly my new health insurance cost is going to hurt before I go pay for a doctor's visit and tests.  It makes my blood boil whenever people try to talk about affordable health care.  The health insurance company takes all my money and then barely gives me any back when I go to a doctor.  So frustrating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment