Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Planning ahead

I'm good at making broad statements about how my training will go, following the idea for a week or maybe 3, and then going back to doing whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it.  In October I said I was going to do speed work every Tuesday.  That lasted until my foot hurt after November's race.  I was afraid to pound it too hard for awhile, and then I forgot about it.  By the time I remembered, it was too close to my February race to do any good.  In January I said I wouldn't run less than 7 miles at a time anymore.  Then this, that, and the other thing happened and I went back to some shorter runs.

I guess I'm not giving up though!  I'll never succeed if I don't keep trying.  My running partners and I are starting Track Tuesdays this coming Tuesday.  On Thursdays, we will do medium-long runs (I'm thinking 8-10 miles). And I have my weekend long runs mapped out all the way to the Hatfield McCoy Marathon in June.  And I am really going to try to keep strength training at least twice a week from now on.  I really want to be able to run a strong marathon in June, and I know the way to get there is to be more serious about my training schedule than I have been in a long time.  Hoping I can stick to it this time!  So far, so good.

This week : 
M : easy 3 / 7:54 / 72 ft
30 minutes core strength Pilates
T : run w/Mollie 5.3 / 8:24 / 240 ft
W : workout 5x5 @ 30/10, 2 minutes rest between sets
R : AM w/Mollie 9.5 / 8:28 / 374
(2.4 solo jog,  6 hill striders, then 6.2 with Mollie)
Sa : long run w/Ben 12.3 / 7:33 / 614 ft
Su : hike 3 miles 
total miles : 30.1

Here's the plan for the upcoming week, let's see how well I stick to it!

M: run 3 easy, 30 minutes TRX
T : 20-30 minutes Yoga or Pilates, speed workout on the track
W : 20-30 minute workout, focus on arms/abs
R : run 8-10 miles
F : day off
weekend : 20 on Saturday or Sunday, other day either off or easy 3-4


Now before I go...here's a lovely finish line photo from last weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment