Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

March Review

I'm a little late with my March review...but there have been other things on my mind the last few days with getting engaged, Easter, and trying to catch up on housework over the 4 day weekend!

I'm still having to take training one day at a time, since getting hit with a head cold towards the end of the month.  I've thought a lot about not going to Pittsburgh, but I hate to back out of a race I've already signed up for, and so I mostly keep reminding myself that I don't have to "race" it, I can just use it as a long run and try to have fun out there!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 1 : 3/1 - 3/4 : run 16.5
A successful 10 miler!  I took Coby along for his first long run...slowly turning him into a distance runner like me.  He'll never like running more than biking, but that won't stop me from pretending to try and turn him to the light side. 

Week 2 : 3/5 - 3/11 : run 30.9
On Tuesday I returned to the track for a workout : 6x800.  I didn't try to run them too fast, but was pleased with my consistency at 3:07, 4x 3:04, 3:01. They were consistently faster than the last time I did 800s way back in June, which was also pleasing.  On Wednesday we were hit with more cold snowy nastiness, but I still ended up with a successful 11.6 mile run. 

Week 3 : 3/12 - 3/18 : run 32.3
Spring Break this week!  I passed my NASM CPT test on Tuesday, and on Wednesday I got back to marathon mode with a successful 16 mile run. On Saturday Coby and I ran the Celtic Knot 5k in Lewisburg, with him finishing in 21:00 and me hot on his heels 1 second behind.  (He outsprinted me in the finishing stretch...)

Week 4 : 3/19 - 3/25 : run 25.1 
On Tuesday the weather was chilly with freezing rain, and I did not dress properly for the run.  2 miles in my head was hurting from being cold and wet, and I called it quits when we passed my house at 3 miles.  By Thursday, I was feeling pretty sick (and I wasn't the only one who ended up sick from running in that stupid weather...).  I took the weekend off to try and recover. 

Week 5 : 3/26 - 3/31 run 23.2
Had to start out running pretty slow this week to not anger my lungs which were weakened by a bad cough.  Still managed a good 8 mile run on Tuesday though, which replaced the speedwork we had planned.  My legs felt pretty dead on Wednesday and Thursday so I didn't run again for the rest of the week, though I did hike on Saturday and bike on Sunday. 


This month has been a constant back and forth of snowy cold weather and warm springtime weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment