Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Flint Mill Trail : 3/31/2018

The weather was looking warm and dry (finally) on Saturday so we were looking forward to this hike all week.  Coby had done it before, but it was my first time on this particular trail.  He told me it was a tough hike...he wasn't joking!  It was quite the challenge for my worn-out chacos and my tired lungs (I'm getting over a cold).  The trail seemed pretty nearly vertical for a good portion of the hike, and the mud was slick. I slid several times on the way back down but thankfully never fell.  I'll be buying new chacos in preparation for this summer's hiking!



I huffed and puffed my way to the top where we enjoyed the gorgeous view out over Holston Lake.  I took some photos, and then Coby proposed!  I said yes of course and am looking forward to spending my life adventuring with him!  It was pretty special enjoying the view from the top of Flint Mill Rock and talking about the future.  We were lucky and there was no one else around to distract from our moment.









No comments:

Post a Comment