Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bacon Guinness Cornbread

So much deliciousness in one place!


I am LOVING the facebook posts from Foodies Like Us !  Last week they posted this recipe and I knew I would have to try it out.  Bacon and beer?  In bread?  Count me in! 

The recipe called for 6 slices of bacon, and I only had 4.  I think next time I will use 8-10...

Recipe

4 slices bacon
1 1/2 c cornmeal
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1 c Guinness
1/2 c milk
1/3 c sour cream
1/2 c melted unsalted butter

Instructions

Chop the bacon into little pieces and fry it. (Save the grease!)

Mix together the dry ingredients.

Whisk together the milk and eggs, then add them to the dry ingredients.

Add the cream and beer.

Add the melted butter and bacon grease.

Add the bacon.

Pour into a greased pan.  (I used 2 different pans, I loaf tin and a square cake pan)

Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.  Let cool in pan for 20-30 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling. 

It may be a bit crumbly for slicing while it's warm, but it slices well after it cools.

Pictures




using exact measurements is no fun...this is how I measure "1/3 c of sour cream"



No comments:

Post a Comment