Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vidalia Onion Fig Sauce

I found this stuff while I was in Williamsburg, VA last weekend for a half marathon.  (I came in 2nd female, hooray!)

I had lunch at the Cheese Shop, and then had to browse their shelves because they had so many yummy things for sale.  I drooled over lots of things but of course they were all rather pricey and I was trying not to spend any money. In the end, this sauce was just too tempting to pass up.  I have not regretted the purchase, it's delicious!  I'm going to be so sad when I run out...



I have used this sauce twice so far.  Once with thin-sliced skillet steak, and once with boneless pork chops.  Both times, I marinated the meat in the fridge for a few hours before baking in the oven at 425.  The steak took less than 10 minutes because it was so thin, the pork took about 20 minutes.



Meal the First:  Steak on a bed of Quinoa


Meal the Second: Pork with Smashed Basil-Garlic Peas and Quiche



No comments:

Post a Comment