Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cinnamon Cake

Must be something about fall weather that puts me into a baking mood.  Seems like most of my playtime in the kitchen lately has been more related to baking than cooking.  Today's fabulous creation is  Cinnamon Cake with a Cider-Cinnamon glaze.


The cake recipe can be found here.  The only difference this time is that instead of a tbsp of cinnamon, I used a very generously heaping tbsp.  I baked it in a 9x9 pan for 40-50 minutes.

For the glaze, I used:
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 c of apple cider
a scant tbsp of cinnamon
1 c confectioners sugar

The cake was much too delicate to get out of the pan in one piece, so I cut it into quarters, carefully lifted each quarter out of the pan, and put them on a cookie sheet.  Then, I carefully sliced the top off of each quarter.  I spread a thin layer of glaze in the middle, sprinkled on some chocolate chips, then put the top back on.  I covered the tops with more glaze.




Pictures of Playtime
















No comments:

Post a Comment