Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Olive Oil Rosemary Cake



I came across this recipe a few months ago, copied it down, and set it aside.  Unfortunately, I did not write down the source.  I thought it was saved in my "favorites," but I can't find it anywhere.  And a google search did not reveal any websites I recognized.  So, I can't give credit to whoever I got the recipe from.  Oops.  

Strangely for me,  I didn't add or omit any ingredients from the original recipe.  The only thing I did was cut  the recipe in half so that it would fit in my 9x9 cake pan.  

Here's the recipe (after I cut everything in half):
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c white wine
1 1/4 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1+ tbsp rosemary

bake at 350 for 30 minutes

I mixed the dry ingredients in a glass bowl, and combined the wet ingredients, minus the eggs, in a liquid measuring cup.  Then, I mixed the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  I beat the eggs separately and added them last.  I greased the cake pan with butter. 















In case you were wondering...this cake is delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment