Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Baguette

Since I finally bought an immersion blender and got to make my favorite soup, I wanted to make some bread to go with it.  Last time I made a variation of this carrot-ginger soup, I had some white bread from a local bakery, and they went really well together.  I didn't feel like going out and buying bread, so I decided to change my bread recipe and make my own white baguette.  I normally put at least 1 cup of whole wheat flour in my bread, but this time I did only white flour.



So. Delicious.  

I've decided that maybe using whole grains is overrated.  

White Baguette
3 tsp yeast
7 oz hot water
garlic powder
ginger powder
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
3+ c white flour
1-2 tbsp olive oil


Mix together everything but the flour and stir.  Add 1 cup of flour, mix well.  Add flour roughly 1/2 c at a time, kneading as you go, until the dough is no longer sticky.  Cover and let rise for an hour or so, then divide into 2 loaves.  I ended up adding more flour after the first rising because the dough was super sticky again.  I let the loaves rise for about another hour, then baked them at 425 for 20 min.  

pre-bake beautiful white loaves



 Perfect combination.



I just ate half a loaf of bread...it was so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment