Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Recovery Week

I wasn't too concerned with mileage or speed this week.  I don't think I was completely recovered from the 5k when I ran the half marathon last weekend, and then I was a bit stiff and sore after the half marathon.  I did a short jog on Monday to try to work out some stiffness and see how I felt.  I developed shin splints at some point during the jog, so I took Tuesday off.  Stretched extra well before my run on Wednesday and thankfully the shin splints were gone.  Thursday was a long jog on the River Trail with Jim & Birch.  I took off on my own for the last 3/4 mile to alternate sprinting and jogging.  The dirt/gravel was pretty loose from a downpour that passed an hour or so before we ran, so the sprints were extra challenging (the harder I pushed off the ground, the further backwards my feet would slide). Friday rolled around and I just really didn't feel like going for a run.  It was one of those days where I couldn't tell if my body was telling me it needed a rest, or if I was just being lazy, but I took the day off just in case I really did need it.  And because I was being lazy.  Saturday and Sunday were long-ish slow jogs.  Both days I felt like I could have kept going for quite a bit longer, but I'm trying not to overdo it before the 15 miler next weekend.  

This week:
M: 2.76 / 20:39 / 7:28 
T: off
W: 4.7 / 35.38 / 7:34
R: 8 / 1:03:06 / 7:53 w/Birch & Jim
F: off
Sa: 6.31 / 50:17 / 7:58
Su: 6.75 / 53:55 / 7:59
total : 28.52

No comments:

Post a Comment