Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Gazpacho-ish


Cool and refreshing.  Pretty thick though, I should have used regular tomatoes instead of roma tomatoes so there would be more juice .

Chop all ingredients, then put them in a food processor.  My processor is small so I had to do a few ingredients at a time and then mix them together in a separate bowl.  If you have a big processor, feel free to process everything at once . 

veggies
1/4 c onion
1/4 c carrots
2 roma tomatos
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
basil leaves
big handful spinach leaves

seasonings
garlic
ginger
mustard 
cumin

liquids
rice vinegar
olive oil
veggie stock

First I processed the onion, carrots, 1 tomato, and some basil with a dash of vinegar and olive oil.  Then, I processed the zucchini with some olive oil and the seasonings, then the yellow squash with some olive oil, then the last tomato and some more basil.  Then I processed the spinach.  I mixed all the ingredients together, and it was super thick so I added some more olive oil and a bit of veggie stock to try to make it a bit looser.



I added a spoonful of plain yogurt to the gazpacho I had with dinner.

Gazpacho/yogurt, sloppy joe, and some chips.  
Dinner is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment