Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, March 2, 2015

So many miles

47.2 miles this week!!!  That was definitely unintentional.  It has something to do with the fact that I had an unplanned second run on Wednesday...and an extra 3 miles added onto my half marathon.  Why I feel like I could run today, I have no idea.  But I'm not going to give in to temptation.  Surely my body needs some rest?!

this week's runs
M : 7.2
T : 6.6
W : 6.8, 6 w/DD
F : 4.6
Su : 16.1 (half marathon)
total miles : 47.2

Due to afternoon babysitting on Monday and Tuesday, I got up to run early in the morning.  I was very grateful for a 1 hr delay for school on both days, so that I could wake up at 5:30 instead of 4:30. Sadly, Wednesday did not have a delay, and I had to get up at 4:30.  That was hard!  I had not intended to run again later that day, since it was faculty meeting day, and I knew I would just want to eat dinner by the time I got home.  However, a friend was about to leave town for awhile and wanted to do a Greenbrier redemption run before he left.  I couldn't say no to that.  We both needed redemption after our last attempt at that run.  I got my redemption.  7:50 pace the first time I did it, 7:08 pace this time.  

This may have been my highest mileage week ever.  It is possible that I did a 50 mile week once, but I don't remember for sure, and I don't feel like digging through my records to find out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment