Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, March 23, 2015

Blue Lagoon

It's nice to have friends who grew up in the area and know about all the secret, awesome, places to go take pictures.  I never would have found this place on my own.  It's only about 15 minutes away, but I had never even heard about it until a few days ago.

Usually I am in charge of my photo adventures; I am the one who decides when and where.  But this time, I was along for the ride.  I didn't have much of a clue where we were going or how long it would take to get there.


This isn't actually the cave we went into, but I didn't happen to take a picture of the other one. 
The one we actually went into was a lot darker...

Looking back towards the entrance of the cave we went into.

Good thing we brought a flashlight...it was pretty dark in the cave.  
Then we came out somewhere and had this view.

Looking down over the cliff, there was this view.



Next time I will have to bring my zoom lens so I can also capture the birds flying overhead.  Yesterday, I decided against carrying both cameras since I wasn't sure how far I would be walking!


King of the Rock. 
(or of the Cliff?)

I suppose I should have stood up and been Queen of the Rock. 
Maybe next time.

Sunglasses fun...I love the color in the photo.

Awesome reflection in these glasses, but I can't take credit of this photo. 
Michael took a turn with my camera.


I said yes!
Just kidding!  A bunch of kids showed up, and one of them went through the caves and somehow ended up down there, and wrote this.  Those of us up above on the cliff had fun calling out instructions.  Like telling him to turn a lower case r into the R.  And making fun of how small the o was compared to the other letters... Then they called up some girl and she was supposed to come see the message.  Sadly, we left before witnessing the acceptance or denial. 


We passed by the barn on the way back from Blue Lagoon, so of course I needed to stop and visit Pony.  She's too dirty for pictures, and I didn't feel like inducing an allergy attack, so I'll brush her another day...once the zyrtec has some more time to build up in my system.

Jack Black was hanging around being photogenic though, apparently he likes high fives.





No comments:

Post a Comment