Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Chocolate Chase 10k


They didn't catch a photo of me starting in the front of the pack, but here's a photo of Diane starting the race.  You can even see how foggy it was! 


I started out the race with a few guys at the front.  I had barely run a warm-up, because I just wasn't in the mood, and so I didn't want to push too terribly hard in the beginning.  Somewhere in the second mile, I moved into 3rd place overall, and the top 4 places didn't change after that.  #2 was usually just barely visible through the fog in front of me.  I ran hard, but not quite all-out race effort.  Just hard enough to sustain a more or less steady pace without making my lungs work so hard I would need the inhaler I was carrying.  It's been hard to run much lately since I work all day on my feet and am pretty beat at the end of the day, so I wasn't entirely prepared to race, and since I was easily first place female anyway, there was really no reason to push really hard.  





You can see that I did start putting in more effort towards the end of the race once I knew I would make it without getting hurt or needing my inhaler. 


 A great first 10k for Diane!

Waiting for the awards.

1st place female.

I won a water bottle full of chocolate.

First place female age 14 and under.

Sisters who run together...wear blue together?

Winnings.

Beer of champions?
I have a fridge-full of beer from work that I am slowly trying to work my way through.



No comments:

Post a Comment