Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, March 13, 2017

Meal Prep Monday : 3/13-3/17

Lunch This Week

Baked Chicken Thighs
Risotto
Peas

Chicken : I put 4 chicken thighs into an oven dish, sprinkled them with garlic powder, and cooked them at 425 for 50 minutes.

Risotto : I wanted risotto, but didn't have any broth.  I did have the leftover water from cooking black beans though.  Seemed like it would be more flavorful for the rice than plain water, so I used it to make the risotto.  It doesn't look super appealing, but it does taste good.  I sauteed onions in olive oil, then added the rice, then the black bean water a cup at a time.  I added a grated carrot somewhere along the way.  And of course lots of garlic powder.  

Peas : I didn't feel like putting work into cooking a vegetable this week, so I just grabbed a bag of frozen peas out of the freezer. 


Meatless Friday will most likely be pasta with a pouch of salmon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment