Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Butterscotch-Oatmeal Cookies


School potluck tonight...each class is assigned a type of dish to bring, teachers are told to bring whatever they want.  Despite the fact that my fridge is overflowing, there was nothing in there that I could make to bring.  So I decided to make some cookies. 

I was going to use my chocolate-chip cookie recipe, and add quick oats.  I ended up modifying my oatmeal-raisin recipe instead...and adding butterscotch chips instead of raisins. 


Here's what they looked like before they went in the oven:

Here's what they looked like when they came out of the oven:

And here's what they looked like after I tried to remove them from the pan:
tastes fine, looks disastrous


Talk about culinary disaster...I was tempted to give up...but I couldn't go to a potluck empty-handed.  So I made batch #2.  With about twice as much flour.  Instead of 1 cup, I put in 1 3/4 or 2.  

I took the cookie pieces from batch #1 and pressed them into a brownie pan...then cut them into bars. 

I put the bars in the bottom of a tin and stacked all the cookies on top.  The tin was overflowing when I brought it to school (couldn't fit the lid on).
When I brought the tin back home it looked like this: just a few cookies left, and even some of the bars got eaten.  Hooray.  I also got some compliments on how amazingly delicious they were.  So I guess my culinary disaster turned out alright after all...

Recipe

1 stick butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
splash of apple cider
splash of milk
dash of cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
dash of cinnamon
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1-2 c flour
3/4 c quick oats
3/4 c butterscotch chips

bake at 350 for 10 minutes


and this is how I decided to enjoy the cookies after I got home:
on top of some bread pudding w/whiskey sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment