Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pear - Mustard Hummus


My third attempt at an edible hummus.  I have made spinach hummus.  I have made beet hummus.  Both were edible.  Neither made me say "Wow, I think I like hummus now!"  But yesterday I got to thinking about the pears I had in my fridge that I had been planning to eat.  I ate one of them...and it wasn't good enough to make me really want to eat the other ones.  I shoulda stuck with buying apples.  And then I thought about the can of chick peas I had up on the shelf.  And I wondered...what would pear hummus taste like?


Ingredients
1 can of chickpeas
1 pear
garlic
olive oil
mustard

Instructions
cook the chick peas according to the directions on the can

save the juice


rinse the chick peas under cold water to cool them off

(this is only 2/3rds of the can...I set aside some for salad)

grate a pear


dump the chick peas in the blender, along with about 1/3 cup of the juice, a quick pour of olive oil, a big squirt of mustard, a spoonful of minced garlic, and the grated pear


blend it up

eat it
Last night for dinner, I ate it with some multigrain tostitos (best chips ever) and I even put some on my chicken/zucchini quesadilla. 

 I'm having some for lunch today with carrot sticks. 

I think this is my favorite of the 3 different hummus-es  (hummi?) I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment