Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wine-Boiled Chicken


Fill a large pot about 2/3 full with water.  Add about 1/2 bottle of white wine.  Here's the two wines I used.  There was only about 1 1/2 inches of the Sutter Home left, and then I added about a 1/2 bottle of the Torrontes. 


 Sprinkle some garlic powder and rosemary leaves into the water/wine, and add the juice from 1/2 lime. 



Bring to a boil. 

Rinse 3 B/S chicken breasts, and add them to the boiling water.  Cook for 20 min, then remove from heat.  Let sit for 15-20 minutes, then shred. 


*I shredded one piece of chicken immediately, and it had hardly picked up any flavor.  I let the other two sit longer, and they did absorb some flavor from the wine/rosemary. 


Use shredded chicken for quesadillas, add to pasta dishes or green salads, or mix it up with some mayo and stuff for a chicken salad.  I love keeping a container of shredded chicken in my fridge for quick quesadillas, or to add to any meal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment