Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bacon Pancakes



Genius Idea from Cooking Club.

I found this picture posted from them on Facebook a week or so ago:

Pure Genius.  

A great Saturday morning breakfast when it's so cold out, you can actually get away with procrastinating the long run because you don't have to worry about it being too hot out if you wait too long.  I can't believe it's only August and it's that kind of a day out...but that's how it is.  I just spent 2 hours wearing sweats, curled up on the couch, under an afghan, procrastinating my 10 mile run.  (and this after almost 2 months of running at 6:30 am every Saturday to beat the heat for my long run)  At the rate I'm going, I might get my run started by 11...
Oh, and in case you were wondering, its 63 degrees out.  I guess 63 in August feels like 15 in January.  I should probably move to Florida where maybe it's actually warm more often, but I hear it's flat there.  I shudder to think what would happen to my running if I moved away from the awesome WV hills.


BACON PANCAKE DELICIOUSNESS


fry the bacon

mix up the batter
(this morning I used 1 egg, a little bit of berry juice, a spoonful of pumpkin leftover from here, 2 heaping tbsp of milled flax seed, some bisquick, and some chocolate chips)

pour the batter over the fried bacon
(I suggest removing as much of the grease as possible first)

make sure the batter spreads thin enough

flip when ready
look at the deliciousness!

eat.  with some raspberry jam.


Ok, I really must stop procrastinating now.  Gotta get 10 miles done before lunch...


No comments:

Post a Comment