Delightfully Orange. And very tasty.
6-7 medium carrots
2 large parsnips
1/3 medium vidalia onion
5 small cloves garlic
2 chunks of ginger root
1/2 stick butter
large spoonful bacon grease
2 slices of Gouda Cheese
Jack Daniel's Mustard
read all of the directions before starting...
1) Chop 3-4 of the carrots into 1-2 inch chunks, put them in a pot, just barely cover them with water, and boil them.
2) While waiting for the carrots to boil, chop the onion, remaining carrots, and parsnips.
3) Once the carrots have started boiling, steam the chopped veggies with the butter, bacon grease, and a dash of salt. Add some water if they start sticking.
4) Peel and chop the ginger and garlic.
5) When the boiled carrots are soft, pour out the water and set it aside. Mash the carrots with the gouda cheese.
6) When the steamed veggies are soft, add the ginger and garlic. Stir well. Add seasonings/herbs and mustard to taste. Stir well.
7) Add 1/2 c heavy cream and the carrot water that you set aside earlier. Let simmer for a bit, then add the mashed carrots.
8) Add another 1/2 c or so of heavy cream.
9) Throw everything in a blender and blend until mostly smooth.
10) Return to the stove and add more cream/water until desired consistency is reached. I like mine pretty thick.
11) EAT UP! (and enjoy the deliciousness)