Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, August 27, 2012

Green Bean Fries

Green Bean Fries

and some carrot fries as well.

I came across this awesome recipe for zucchini fries yesterday, and got really excited to make them.  Then I discovered that I had less than half of a zucchini in my fridge.  I briefly considered a quick trip to Kroger for more zucchini, but nixed it because I already went over my grocery budget for the week.  Then, I remembered that I had some french cut green beans in my freezer.  So I took them out and spread them on some paper towels to thaw.


I was cooking dinner for me and a friend, and I decided that there were not enough green beans to make fries for both of us, so I also chopped up a carrot. 

Once the beans were thawed, I blotted as much of the water off them as possible, then I dunked them and the carrots in an egg/heavy cream bath.  Then, coated them in a mix of Italian breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and shredded colby jack cheese.  


Plopped them on a greased baking sheet, and shoved them in the oven for 15 minutes at 425.



Took them out of the oven and gazed at the crispy deliciousness. 


Ate them with some tortellini and shrimp.  The tortellini had some of this delicious sauce, with added olive oil because the leftover sauce from the other night was rather thick.




No comments:

Post a Comment