Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Friday, April 5, 2013

15 Days!

Bring. It. On.

I was a little bit nervous to do a long run today, for various reasons, but my fears turned out to be unfounded.  Today's run was awesome.  Did a bunch of hills that are tougher than the ones in the Blue Ridge 1/2, and I was able to power up them like they were nothing.  The longest/steepest hill was 1.1 miles and it took me less than 10 min to climb.  (Used to take me 11+).  And then I went back down it, and up some more hills, and I just felt great.  



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRun



This run was only a mile shorter than than the race is, and I ran it in 1:35:14, which is a little bit less time than I ran the race last year.  If I can run this tough of a training run in that amount of time...surely I can PR the race this year!  I'm getting excited now...

Also, I got to run in shorts and shorts sleeves today = awesome.  
Thank goodness it was warm today and that nasty snow from last night melted!

No comments:

Post a Comment