Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Friday, January 5, 2018

Friday Five : Snack Attack Edition

Sometime around May, my metabolism went into overdrive presumably as a result of all this crazy running I do.  I'm not sure why it took so long for all the miles to catch up to me, but now that they have I sometimes find it hard to maintain my weight.  And believe me, I love food, and I never skip meals.  However, a few years of a high-stress job did a number on my stomach so I can't overeat or the heartburn gets really bad. So, snacking is becoming my best friend. 

Here are my current favorite hunger-stoppers. 

1)  The healthy : 
Avocados are my favorite food!  I will eat them plain, I will spread them on my sandwich like a condiment, I will put them on top of just about any meal you can think of.  Yum!


2) The filling :
 Peanut-butter filled pretzels have been saving me at work for the past month or so.  When I'm sitting at my desk in between classes and the hunger strikes, they are quick and easy to munch on.  

3) The sweet craving :
 I am addicted to dark chocolate peanut M&Ms.  I could easily go through a "sharing size" bag by myself, in one short evening.  Plus, dark chocolate is "good" for you.  And peanuts are protein.  Right?

4) The salty craving :
 Kroger kettle chips are almost as addictive as the M&Ms.  The perfect amount of saltiness and crunch.  They can be found next to every sandwich I eat (unless I make french fries...)  and I have also been known to grab a few chips as I walk through the kitchen on random occasions.  

5) The on-the-go :
 I was looking for snacks on Amazon Subscribe & Save one day and stumbled across these delicious blueberry fig bars.  I now keep them in my bag for when I'm hungry on the go and need something quick and easy to quiet the food cravings.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your favorite snacks for satisfying those between-meal cravings?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment