Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, January 8, 2018

Meal Prep Monday : 1/8/2018



This week it's ground turkey & black beans, brown rice, and a veggie mix.  It was super easy to make, and divided up nicely into 6 lunches.

The turkey : I put 1 lb of ground turkey in a skillet on medium heat, and stirred it occasionally to help it cook evenly.  When it was about halfway done, I added 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce and a generous amount of garlic powder for extra flavor.

The beans : I cooked a big batch of black beans last week (black beans, covered with about 1 inch of water, cooked til soft).  I added 1 cup of the beans to the turkey after it was done cooking, to add some extra protein to my meal.

The rice : 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water, and a dash of salt.  Bring to a boil, then simmer until all the water is absorbed. The package said 50ish minutes, but I think it was done in 30 or less.

The veggies : Chop 1/4 onion, 5 carrots, 2 zucchini, 2 yellow squash, and 8 mushrooms.  Put the onions in a large skillet with some olive oil.  When they are translucent, add the carrots.  When the carrots are getting soft, add the zucchini and squash, then the mushrooms.  Cook until the mushrooms are done. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any questions?  Leave them in the comments!  
Did you try it out?  Leave me a comment and let me know how it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment