Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, January 29, 2018

Meal Prep Monday : 1/29/18


This week it's mushroom risotto with ground pork and veggies.

The risotto : Chop 1/3 onion.  Cover the bottom of a medium saucepan with olive oil and add onion.  Cook on medium heat until onion is translucent.  Add a chopped clover of garlic and 1 1/2 c white arborio rice.  Stir well to coat the rice with oil, then add enough chicken broth to cover the rice.  Stir occasionally, and add more broth whenever the previous broth has been absorbed.  I used 32 oz of broth, and then added an additional cup of water with a bit of salt.  I added 3 grated carrots and 6 large mushrooms (chopped) before adding the cup of water.  When most of the water was absorbed, I added the risotto to the pan with the meat & veggies, and mixed it all together.


The meat : I put 1 lb of ground pork in my large pan and let it cook covered.  I occasionally stirred it around and broke up the meat into pieces.  When it was about done I added the veggies.

The veggies : I chopped up a small cabbage, and added it to the pan with the meat when the meat was about done.  I cooked it, stirring occasionally, until it was about done, then I added a 12 oz package of frozen peas and let it continue cooking.  When the peas seemed done, I added the risotto to the pan.


I boxed up this meal into about 6 lunches, with enough left over for another 2 smaller lunches.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are you eating this week?  Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment