Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Little Stony : 1/20/2018

The temperature actually made it into the 50s yesterday, so it was a great day for a hike!  Lots of ice out there still since it's been in the single digits quite a bit lately, but it made for some cool photos.  I did this hike in December 2016 when it was about 20 degrees out, but there was less snow & ice that day.  It was nice to get different-looking photos this time even though it is the same season.


into the woods





the lower falls


the upper falls

I like that you can see the frozen falls behind the water coming down in this one.



With all the ice, it was really hard to find a spot to set up the tripod where we could get in a photo with the waterfall in the background.  
The one jumping photo we got wasn't great, but I like this pre-jump photo.  

My new hiking boots got put to the true test in the stream crossing on this trail, I was skeptical, but it turns out I did get my money's worth and they are indeed waterproof!  I'm very glad, because it would not have been pleasant to have wet feet on this hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment