Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, January 15, 2018

Meal Prep Monday : 1/15/18



This week it's pork-beef burgers, mashed sweet potatoes, and a veggie mix.  Since I mixed a full pound each of pork and beef, I got enough burgers for 2 weeks worth of school lunches.  I'll be putting half of them in the freezer for a future week. 

The burgers : Mix together 1 lb ground pork, 1 lb ground beef, 1 egg, and a generous shake of garlic powder.  Shape into patties.  I made mine on the small side, and got 11 patties.  You can cook your burgers using your preferred method.  I don't have a grill, and my oven is broken, so my only choice was a skillet on the stove.  Cook 10-15 minutes each side on medium heat.  Cook an additional 10-15 minutes, flipping occasionally.  It's helpful to cut one open to check for done-ness. 
(yielded 11 burgers)


The sweet potatoes : 3 medium-large sweet potatoes, cut into quarters, boiled until soft enough to mash.  Mashed with a bit of milk and some garlic powder.
(yielded 7-8 portions)


The veggies : 1/4 onion, 6 carrots, 3/4 cabbage.  Chop all veggies.  Cook onion and carrot on medium heat until almost done, then add cabbage. Cook, stirring as needed, til done. 
(yielded 9 portions)


As you can see, I did have extra of everything this week.  The burgers will go in the freezer, and the mash & veggies will probably be eaten over the weekend. 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions?  Did you try it?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment