Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Saturday, February 23, 2013

groups of 3

Last weekend was a 3 day weekend.
This school week was a 3 day week.
Today was the start of a 3 day weekend.

Thank you, President's Day, and Ice Storm.

Personally, I would be willing to give up some summer vacation time in exchange for 3 day weekends/4 day work weeks.  2 days is never enough time to get ready for the next week, but by the end of the 3rd day, I am (usually) ready to go back to school.

My phone rang at 5:45 this morning.  I heard it ringing, but my brain didn't register what was going on until after it stopped ringing.  So by the time I realized that the music was a phone call, it was too late to answer, and I had to wait for the voice mail.  Which told me there was a 2 hr delay. I could hear the ice falling outside my window, and was glad I hadn't tried to get up for a run.  So I reset my alarm to 8:15 and went back to sleep.  Somewhere around 8 I got a text message saying school was cancelled.  So I slept some more, and didn't get out of bed until almost 9:30.  After 3 weeks of insomnia, it felt absolutely glorious to sleep that late.  And then I took a nap from 12-1.  I love sleep.  Even more so after all that insomnia.  The ability to sleep is truly wonderful.

I got some grocery shopping today.  And some cooking.  And some laziness, because sometimes it is necessary to just lie on the couch and do nothing.  I watched a movie on Netflix "Safety not Guaranteed."  Good movie.  And I ran 5.5 miles.  I ran 4.3 yesterday, and after 4 days of pain/injury, it felt really really good to run yesterday and today.  Also, it was 30 degrees and that was the warmest run I've had in awhile.  Yesterday I ran at 6 in the morning and my fingers froze.  I have experienced very few things more painful than thawing fingers...and yesterday they definitely hurt a lot while thawing post-run.

Today's Kitchen Play

I really wanted fried potatoes for breakfast, and the only potatoes I had were frozen french fries.  So I chopped them into pieces and pretended they were hash browns.  


good with ranch

For lunch, I had a tuna-salad quesadilla with avocado-cucumber topping.


For dinner, I made a stunningly delicious pizza. 

I also made some truffles today. 

More cooking to be done tomorrow.  
I've been in kitchen withdrawal lately, I plan to make up for it this weekend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment