Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Monday, March 11, 2013

Cinnamon Truffles


for the filling:
1/2 c heavy cream
1 tsp cinnamon
3.5 oz chocolate (72%)

for the shell:
3.5 oz chocolate (72%)

Stir the cream and cinnamon on medium heat until it starts to bubble if you lift the spoon for 5-10 seconds.  Turn off the heat and add the chocolate.  Refrigerate til set. 

Form the chilled ganache into balls.  Melt the shell chocolate and dunk the balls into it, turning to coat.  Place the finished truffles on a baking sheet lined with tin foil or wax paper.  Pop them in the fridge to set.  




I had thought that the oil I was skimming off my ganache was from butter, but turns out it's actually from the heavy cream.  Gross.  I may go back to making truffles without the heavy cream.  Guinness works just as well, and doesn't leave that nasty oily scum. 


I think these are my favorite truffles so far, with the exception maybe of my pumpkin cheesecake truffles.

I think I got just the right amount of cinnamon in the ganache, they taste pretty awesome. 







No comments:

Post a Comment