Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Saturday, March 16, 2013

New Lens 75-300mm

I finally got around to buying the zoom lens that I have been craving.  I found one for under $100 and had to grab it before I lost my chance.   Now I need to buy a new camera bag.  The one I bought originally just barely fits my camera with both my other lenses (18-55mm and 50mm), and there is no possible way it can fit the camera body and 3 lenses. 

The new lens came in the mail a few days ago but I didn't get around to opening the box until last night and I didn't get a chance to get outside and use it until this evening.


As I was driving  church, I saw THE MOST AMAZING RAINBOW. EVER. EVER. EVER. but sadly I was not in an area where I could pull over and take pictures.  I am very sad about this.  It was HUGE. and BRIGHT.  Like, most rainbows I've seen have been way up high in the sky and very very thin.  This one was low over the road, in the trees, and so, so so, incredibly wide.  It really was amazing. 

On the way home from church, I stopped at the Greenbrier River and took a few photos.  The rest are from when I went out to the barn as the sun was going down.



AT THE RIVER
 









AT THE BARN
 








there was a decent sunset to the west, but in the north...ominously dark





In other news, I won a 5k today.  Like, beat every single other person that showed up.  My time was 20:12.  More about the race tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment