Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day #6

I knew when I went to bed last night that there was a good chance today would be a snow day, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too high so I set my alarm for 4:50 anyway.  When it went off, I could have gotten out of bed and gone for a run...but it was so warm and cozy in my bed.  And there was a little bit of snow on the ground.  So after hitting snooze til 5:30, I decided to take my chances that I would be able to run later in the day, and I went back to sleep.  Sure enough, the snow-day call came eventually.  And I got to stay in bed til 8:20.  Such a glorious 3.5 more hours of sleep than normal on a Wednesday.  I ran around 11:00.  And it was gorgeous outside.  The snow was heavy and wet so it really stuck to all the trees.  And there were patches of brilliant blue sky.  Occasionally a gust of wind would come and send a cloud of snow falling from the trees.  Gorgeous.  And since I was slightly overheated today, it actually felt good to be blasted in the face by one of those snow clouds.


this was in the front yard when I woke up

this is the view across the street from my front window


Here are some pictures I took on a walk after my run.  Unfortunately, clouds took over pretty quickly so I missed most of the sunshine and blue skies. 






I love how that many inches of snow can balance so precariously on a thin little branch






nice snowy reflection in a mud puddle



the view overlooking downtown would be much prettier without the power lines...


And now it's time to go play in the kitchen.  I'm sure I'll have to post some pictures of the deliciousness later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment