Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Carrot Tomato Soup


I had some leftover tomato paste from the chili I made on Thursday, and I have been wanting to make some variation of my Carrot-Ginger soup, so I decided to make a Carrot-Ginger-Tomato soup.  

Today was a good day for soup making.

1:00
 4:00
 view from my kitchen window:


INGREDIENTS

4-5 cloves garlic
large chunk of ginger root
1/2 sweet onion
10+ carrots
5 radishes
4 sticks of celery
tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes
veggie stock
water
seasonings

DIRECTIONS
I minced the garlic and ginger, then browned them in olive oil.  While they were browning, I cleaned and chopped the carrots.  The carrots went into a soup pot with 1/2 stick of butter.  When the garlic/ginger was browned I added it to the soup pot.  Put the lid on the soup pot and turned the burner onto medium heat.  While that was steaming, I chopped the onion and put it in a skillet to brown in olive oil.  Meanwhile, I chopped the celery and radishes.  I added veggie stock to the soup pot as needed.  I added turmeric, mustard powder, tarragon, and oregano to the soup pot.  When the onions were browned, I added them to the soup pot, along with 1 cup of water.  I added 3 spoonfuls of tomato paste, some veggie stock, and 2 more cups of water.  I sauteed the celery and radishes in the skillet, then added them to the soup pot along with the can of diced tomatoes and some more veggie stock.  

lots of ginger!
I got squirted in the eye while I was peeling it...ouch!










deliciousness



No comments:

Post a Comment