Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Frigid-ness

Monday : 6.06 / 44:28 / 7:20

Run on the Greenbrier River Trail.  Took it nice and easy for the first 5 miles, ran hard for the last mile.  Or, as hard as I could...wanted to practice pushing the wall.  Used my GPS watch to make sure I actually got 6 miles in, since the mile markers are not very accurate.

Tuesday : 7.32 / 53:28 / 7:18
Week : 13.38

16 degrees.  Windy.  Yikes.
Lucky me, my new running gear came in the mail while I was at school today.   A thin pullover, and a WINDBREAKER.  Thank goodness.  I wore a tank top, a turtleneck, the pullover, and the windbreaker.  And my lungs/core stayed toasty warm.  My fingers, not so much, although they were fine til the last mile and a half or so.  I was wearing gloves, but I guess I needed 2 pairs.  Or longer sleeves.  That's the only downside to the windbreaker, the sleeves are sadly not long enough to cover my hands.  If it's this cold again tomorrow, I'll wear my normal winter running jacket under the wind breaker, it's got nice long sleeves to keep my hands warm.  (The pullover has long sleeves but it wasn't thick enough to help keep my hands warm)
I had hoped for 8 miles today.  But when I saw the temperature, I seriously considered cutting it down to 4.  Once I got out and started running however, I decided it wasn't really that bad, and figured I could get at least 6 or 7.  Mission accomplished.

All suited up for my frigid run.  I love that I can stay "warm" without having to wear any bulky layers. 
And I didn't even wear my fleece-lined running shirt today!  (best purchase ever)
I'll wear it if it's this cold again tomorrow though, instead of the turtleneck and pullover.
Also, it should be noted that this is the first time this season that I've broken down and worn a hat that covers my ears.  I've hardly even worn a ball cap, although I have a few times...when it was raining...

No comments:

Post a Comment