Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Recent Runs

On Saturday it was an absolutely glorious 70+ degrees out.  I wanted nothing more than to run, but I had just run 8 days in a row for the first time in...more than 6 months...so I forced myself to take a day off.

This is how I spent 2 hours of my afternoon.  Happiness.


Sunday it was 60+ so I headed out for a 5 or 6 mile run.  I was trying out my newest pair of running shoes (Mizuno Wave Creation 14).  They felt good, the weather was perfect, and I ran...10.6 miles. In 1:17.  It felt so good to be out running in warm weather, I just didn't want to stop!

Monday I had school til 3:30, a mtng at 4, and another mtng at 7:30.  I got home from the 1st meeting at 5:20, and somehow in the 5 minutes it took me to throw on running clothes, it started raining.  Of course I ran anyway...I powered through a  3.57 mile run.  I love how much faster I run in the rain... I developed shin splints about 2 miles in, but hopefully it was only because I didn't tie my shoes tightly enough.  I suppose I'll find out when I run this afternoon.  I'm afraid that the new shoes aren't supporting my arches well enough...but hoping hoping hoping that that is not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment