Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rain Running

Today : 4.7 / 34:58 / 7:26
Week : 8.27

Cold and rainy today.  Rain was steady throughout the whole run.   Thankfully it wasn't heavy enough to completely drench my clothing, although I certainly wasn't dry either.  I am in awe of the fact that I can actually enjoy a run in this weather.  It used to be that I would take a day off if it was raining, snowing, icing, or below freezing.  Now, I run no matter what the weather.  The hardest part is getting out the door.  Once I'm out and running, it's never as bad as I thought it would be.  (This is not to say that I particularly enjoy freezing to death while running...but it always ends up feeling better than not running.)


I wore my Mizuno Wave Nirvana 8s today.  I got them at the beginning of November.  I have been wearing them on and off.  First, the tongue bruised the top of my foot, and I had to switch them out for awhile.  Then they bruised the bottom of my heel.  Most days I run in them without trouble, but the fact that they have hurt me in 2 different ways when most shoes don't hurt me at all worries me.  So, I bought new shoes recently.  But after getting shin splints yesterday, I decided to switch back and see if that helped.  I suspect the shin splints were a combination of tight calves and me not tying my laces tight enough yesterday.  But I need more than one day to know for sure.

It makes me angry that every time I find the perfect shoe, it is discontinued so that I can never buy another pair just like it.  Then I end up going through 3 or 4 pairs that are ok, but not great.  For the amount of miles I put in, I'd really like to ALWAYS love the shoes on my feet!  And I would like to do that without having to spend hundreds of dollars stocking up on multiple pairs of shoes at once when I find an amazing pair...


No comments:

Post a Comment