Food, Fitness, Photography

Food, Fitness, Photography

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Arugula-Mushroom Rolls


It's been a fabulous weekend!  Yesterday the temp got up above 70 and I got to spend some quality bonding time with my horse.  Today, it was in the mid-60s and I had a really great 10.6 mile run.  I intended to run 5 or 6, but it was so nice outside, and I felt good, so I just kept on going.  It feels great to be back to a good running schedule.  I'm at 2 weeks above 30 miles each now.  
A run like today's needs a good carb & protein loaded dinner, and this one hit the spot.


For the dough:
3 scant tsp yeast
6 oz hot water
1/2 tsp salt
garlic powder
onion powder
crushed rosemary
1/2 c wheat flour
1 1/2 c flour

Let rise in a warm place.

Once the dough has risen, place it on a floured surface and use your fingers to spread it into a large rectangle.  Flip is over occasionally so that both sides get some flour on them.  Spread some pesto on the flattened dough, then grate some cheese on top.  Cover with sliced mushrooms, add some more cheese, cover with handfuls of arugula. Add more cheese.  Roll it up and place on a greased baking pan. 
Grate some cheese on top.

Bake at 450 for 20 min.











Makes a wonderful meal with some home-made meatballs.

Top with avocado if you're addicted like I am.


Here's a link to my first attempt at Arugula Rolls.




No comments:

Post a Comment